DreamView is looking for an experienced CG Artist specializing in modeling and texturing for food products. Please note, the qualified candidate must have an extensive 3D food modeling and lookdev portfolio.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Works with CGI Lead, Art Direction, and production management staff to create Photo Realistic CG food assets (model and lookdev).
- Will work with team to create new quality standards for modeling and texturing of products within the company
- Participates with the creative team in asset development
- Will be first line of Quality Control, ensuring that assets meet Dreamview standards and practices
- Work with training dept to create training materials demonstrating best practices for food creation.
- Must have a photo-real quality portfolio of 3D modeling and texturing in 3DS Max and/or Maya, Blender
- Excellent understanding of UV layout techniques
- Knowledge of topology for efficient but realistic-looking meshes as both photo-real and real-time
- Minimum requirements: Maya and/or 3DS Max, Photoshop, VRay
- Technically minded; knows how to use various computer applications, such as Substance, Blender, Marvelous Designer, Zbrush, Nuke etc. a plus
- 3 years in a CGI production environment as a modeler/texture artist
- Excellent communication skills, enjoys working on a team and teaching others
- Ability to prioritize and deal with heavy workload/multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to record information accurately and detect/report issues before they compromise delivery
- Ability to analyze and problem solve/keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software quickly or on the job if necessary
- Ability to take instruction, but also work independently when needed
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout but also provide infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization and is globally scalable.