Our client, a leader in digital content production, seeks a talented Lead CGI Artist to work on eCommerce content.
The Lead CGI Artist is a master in high-volume and high-quality digital artwork generation, using Maya/Max, Vray/Octane/Arnold/RedShift.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully manage and produce multiple deadline-driven projects with high image volume while maintaining the utmost in accuracy and the highest visual quality.
- Responsible for creating and leading others to create high quality imagery as defined by the Art Director.
- Work closely with the producers to evaluate the requirements of a project and estimate effort and schedule.
- Determine the technical implications of initial scope and any changes.
- Make high-impact operational recommendations for course of action such as selection of render engine and the selection of specific technical methodologies.
- Continually evaluate, assess, and correct trends in the workflow.
- Identify current technical challenges and forecasts future requirements for critical workflow optimization.
- Monitor and analyze the technical CG procedures. Propose and implement modifications as needed.
- Participate in review and approval meetings by clarifying direction and creative goals and ensuring that technical and schedule requirements are met.
- Quality assurance of assets going out to other departments or to client.
- Document workflow procedures.
- Constantly work on ways to improve the process and the product.
- 10+ years proven experience at an animation studio, visual effects or related facility.
- Degree in visual art, animation or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of current trends and future direction of Film and Video Production and Post Production.
- Comprehensive understanding of CG production fundamentals.
- Excellent Maya skills including a good understanding of modeling, texturing, look development and lighting. Knowledge of animation and effects appreciated.
- Comprehensive understanding of CG composite techniques.
- Excellent understanding of photography and film with strong artistic skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, scale, and composition.
- Excellent artistic skills; proven sense for composition, light, color and strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and detail oriented when it comes to setting up scenes, cleaning files, and following naming conventions for files and folders.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to guide, teach, and delegate to junior mid-level artists.
- Previous experience with team management and task assignment.
- Provide high-level support and mentoring to team members, offer guidance and training on applications and hardware.
- Ability to work with Agency directors and take direction well.
- Ability to translate client and creative direction into technical actionable tasks.
- Knowledge of time and budgetary constraints and ability to resolve conflicts between time, budget and scope.
- Able to perform well under potentially stressful situations.