Our client, a leader in digital content production, seeks a talented Lead Pipeline Developer to work on eCommerce content.
The Lead Pipeline Developer manages the development and support of the studio’s pipeline. The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
- Lead all Pipeline Developers, check in with each on and off-site daily.
- Meet with studio leadership to identify issues and discuss priorities.
- Meet with Head of Software and Project Manager for site to prioritize and schedule support and development tasks.
- Run regular "stand-up" meetings for active development projects to confirm expected progress and identify issues.
- Work with developers to standardize central libraries.
- Ensure overall contribution to the code base according to software practices agreed at the company level.
- Guide other TDs in building and implementing software.
- Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
- Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support.
- Work with developers to setup demos and communicate updates, new tools, and bugs to all of production.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in VFX, TV or Commercials.
- 5+ years of Python experience.
- Experience working directly with production teams.
- Experience with Production Tracking Systems (Shotgun, fTrack, Tactic, NIM, etc.)
- Experience with VFX applications (Maya, Nuke, Houdini, RV...)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Warm, welcoming personality.
- Familiarity with render farm software.
- Experience leading development teams.
- Expertise in C++ and shell scripting.