DreamView is looking for a Technical Writer to handle all documentation within the Training department. The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer with hands-on writing experience, and a proven ability to write content targeted to professional and technical audiences.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Work closely with other departments to develop high-quality technical content for artists
- Create and edit written documentation based on video/interactive demos for the training department
- Oversee all training documentation and ensure consistency in presentation, look and feel
- Translate documentation
- Create subtitles in different languages
- Create written documentation for production technology tools
- Regularly communicate with department leads and supervisors to ensure that training needs are met
- Provide regular updates to the manager on project status.
- Assist the larger team on shared projects with supervision and assistance.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- 1+ year of experience as a Technical Writer or Documentarian
- Experience using Camtasia (or other video recording/editing tools) and Documentation Systems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, self-managed, and a proven ability to work with a globally distributed team
- Experience translating content in different languages or creating subtitles
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have a knack for translating highly complex subject matter into concise, easy-to-understand content pieces and collateral that are compelling, memorable, and captivating
- Proactive problem solver; you see an area of improvement and aren’t afraid to fix it
- Multilingual (bonus)
- Experience within the VFX, Animation or CG E-Comm industry (bonus)
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provides infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.