The Senior Data Architect role answers directly to the engineering team, and assists with both the development and runtime of Database resources in the environment, designs and manages data systems, data storage and access policies and orchestrates data flow between sources within the organization.
We are neither a Microsoft shop, nor an Oracle shop, so applicants will be expected to demonstrate the diversity of experience with multiple databases, as well as a high level of proficiency with Linux.
The Senior Data Architect reports to the Lead Data Scientist, ensuring distributed global resources perform according to requirements. Data Architects are expected to take guidance from more senior members of the team whilst working somewhat autonomously.
Our stack includes: GCP, GKE, Kubernetes, CloudSQL, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, C, Go, C++, Julia & Python.
What you'll be expected to demonstrate
- Support code with a focus on database efficiency and resilience.
- Support the Implement new technologies to solve technical challenges as they arise.
- Exhibit good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Strong skills in data migration and migration between multiple different databases
- Debug poor performance queries and SQL databases
- Find and address performance issues throughout the applications database access layer
- Support the health and runtime of all Database resources in the environment
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 10+ years of relevant Database design and support in fast-paced global cloud environments
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code, and automation
- Strong understanding of core security principles
- Understanding of key SSO technologies, including GSSAPI
- Experience with Continuous Development (CD/CI/CD)
- Experience relevant to the technologies required of the role’s domain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced with cloud computing
- Expertise regarding query performance and addressing issues with common SQL behaviors.
- Proficient with SQL and willing to learn Python access methods.
- Experience with Pulsar, Kafka, or other cloud-based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Self-driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact, whilst staying highly collaborative with other team members throughout the workday
- Ability to learn and work with new technologies and databases
- Willing to lead a project from beginning to end
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless a plus
Engineering at DreamView
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provides infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.