Our client, a leader in digital content production, seeks a talented CGI CG Supervisor to work on eCommerce content.
The CG Supervisor is a master in high-volume and high-quality digital artwork generation, using preferably Max and VRay, but also Maya, Octane/Arnold/RedShift.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully manage and produce multiple deadline-driven projects with high image volume while maintaining the utmost in accuracy and the highest visual quality.
- Responsible for creating and supervising leads and artists to create high quality imagery as defined by the Art Director.
- Work closely with the producers to evaluate the requirements of a project and estimate effort and schedule.
- With Art and Tech leads, own and establish best practices throughout CGI pipeline, end to end, from Modeling, Texturing & Materials, to efficient rendering solutions and distribution. Along with integration into production and asset management systems.
- Determine the technical implications of initial scope and any changes.
- Make high-impact operational recommendations for course of action such as selection of render engine and the selection of specific technical methodologies.
- Continually evaluate, assess, and correct trends in the workflow.
- Identify current technical challenges and forecasts future requirements for critical workflow optimization.
- Continually assess and monitor and analyze the technical CG procedures. Propose and implement modifications as needed. And be aware of new techniques and technology that becomes available in the market, and assess how to efficiently assess applicability to CGI workflows, and integrate if advantageous.
- Participate in review and approval meetings by clarifying direction and creative goals and ensuring that technical and schedule requirements are met.
- Quality assurance of assets going out to other departments or to client.
- Document workflow procedures with Leads.
- Constantly work on ways to improve the process and the product.
- Experience with VR and AR projects a plus
- Some python experience preferred.
- Ability to create and/or design and manage production and asset management pipeline scripts for Tech Leads for 3DS Max, using python.
- 10+ years proven experience at a CGI e-commerce visualisation studio, animation studio, visual effects or related facility.
- Excellent communication and delegation skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to oversea many projects and artists of varying skills and capabilities
- Degree in visual art, animation or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of current trends and future direction of Film and Video Production and Post Production.
- Comprehensive understanding of CG production fundamentals.
- Excellent 3DS Max, or Maya skills, including a good understanding of modeling, texturing, look development and lighting. Knowledge of animation and effects appreciated.
- Excellent knowledge of Vray and photo real lighting techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of CG composite techniques using After Effects or Nuke,
- Excellent understanding of photography and film with strong artistic skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, scale, and composition.
- Excellent artistic skills; proven sense for composition, light, color and strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and detail oriented when it comes to setting up 3D scenes, cleaning files, and establishing and following naming conventions for files and folders.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to guide, teach, and delegate to junior mid-level artists.
- Previous experience with team management and task assignment.
- Provide high-level support and mentoring to team members, offer guidance and training on applications and hardware.
- Ability to work with Agency directors and take direction well.
- Ability to translate client and creative direction into technical actionable tasks.
- Knowledge of time and budgetary constraints and ability to resolve conflicts between time, budget and scope.
- Able to perform well under potentially stressful situations.
- Experience using Shotgun software for project, task and asset tracking, or equivalent production software system, preferred.