DreamView is looking for a talented Pipeline Technical Director to work on eCommerce and Media and Entertainment content.
The Pipeline TD manages the development and support of the studio’s pipeline. The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Work with Project Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy
- Maintain core pipeline systems: Shotgun, 3DS Max, Maya, Vray, and Unreal Engine
- Support tools and processes which extend and enhance the pipeline
- Interface with artists, technical directors, and productions staff in order to solve production issues
- Interact with the IT Department with respect to operating, file, and network systems’ issues
- Write clear documentation for tools/scripts
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff
- Identifying changing requirements and recommend solutions
- Work with developers to help resolve issues and solve problems
- Proficient in Python 3.x, C++, or Go.
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Shotgun, and 3dsMax
- Experience with PyQt or PySide would be helpful
- Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git is preferred.
- Must have a mature approach to software development and implementation
- A strong understanding of production processes for film and television, but with an ability to adapt to new methods necessitated by a cloud native architecture.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other developers, in a coordinated manner, on the same product.
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL) would be beneficial
- Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate eloquently and effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- A degree in computer science, math, or engineering is strongly preferred
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud native platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photo-real and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provides infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.