Our client, an emerging leader in augmented and virtual reality solutions, seeks a talented Tech Lead to work on our AAA level brand content and platform.
You must have worked on high-performance graphics rendering, tools, and/or engine level technology for mobile or console platforms in the past. On the Immersive team, you will have the chance to work on industry-leading technology and high-profile content.
- Work with architect and studio lead to design and program new solutions in the whole spectrum of augmented & virtual reality related software: from user interaction, interfaces and devices to functionalities like physics and AI.
- Rewrite existing systems as directed for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable console, PC, mobile, and Web platforms.
- Research, Develop, and Implement current virtual reality software technologies in the industry
- Build on current technology and implement better solutions in terms of efficiency and interaction
- Software development of real-time 3D VR/AR User Interfaces
- Developing and testing new tools and applications
- Write well-commented, unit-tested code
- Design, review, and maintain functional specifications, wireframes, etc.
- Collaborate with clients, art team, and programming team
- Identify, investigate, and report problems for bug tracking
- Develop gameplay, tools, and networking logic for VR and AR applications Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of interactive 3D programming experience
- Excellent and current programming skills in C++ and C#
- Deep knowledge of game engines, including Unity3D and Unreal
- Must have shipped at least one product developed with Unity or Unreal
- Performance-minded development and optimization skills
- Understanding of DirectX and/or OpenGL
- Comfortable with 3D math and modern graphics pipeline
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience deploying to multiple platforms (Console, PC, mobile, web, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with VR & AR
- Experience working in Unity 5.x or higher
- Work with debugging software on specific game platforms
- Experience building/deploying/consuming APIs from third-party vendors a plus